The critical settings for setting up an Email account in Microsoft Outlook 2000 are:
- Email Address - email@example.com
- Incoming Mail (POP3) - yourdomain.com
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) - yourdomain.com
- Account Name - Either username or firstname.lastname@example.org (see notes below)
- Password - (the password you assigned to your username in your control panel)
- Do not check "Log on using Secure Password Authentication".
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) port - 25
- Incoming Mail (POP3) port - 110
- Do not check either box next to "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)"
* Notes regarding Account Name: The user name will be "username" if the email account is on a Cobalt RaQ server hosting account, Upipe, MDH, or a VPS Linux user (in the form of username@(multiple domains) ). The username will be email@example.com if the account is an OHP, WebPro, or VPS virtual mail user (in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org).
In all of the above, substitute "username" with the mailbox username you set up in your control panel, and substitute "yourdomain.com" with the actual domain for which you created the mailbox, including subdomains (if any) and excluding "www".
If you have configured all the above and still cannot send and/or receive email, contact technical support at email@example.com.