If the domain name you wish to forward from has not been added to HSPC, you will need to create the domain name in the HSPC control panel with the following steps:
- Click on the System Tab
- Click on Domains
- Click on Add Domain
- Select "Use an existing domain registered elsewhere" if the domain has already been registered.
- Type your domain name.
- Do not check the box next to "Do not host my domain in the Advantagecom Networks, Inc. DNS, I manage it manually elsewhere" unless you are using DNS servers other than dns1.speedingbits.com and dns2.speedingbits.com.
- Click on the Next button.
- Read the User Agreement, then check the box next to "I accept the terms of the User Agreement".
- Click on the Place Order button.
To add a hostname to your domain:
- Click on the System tab.
- Click on Domains.
- Click on the domain you just created.
- Click on the Hostnames tab.
- Click on the New Hostname button.
- Type the hostname you wish to use.
- If you have more than one IP address, select the IP address that matches the IP address of the site for which this domain is an alias.
- Click on the OK button.
Now you need to set up the alias with these steps:
- Click on the Site tab.
- Click on Select Another Site.
- Click on the domain to which your hostname will forward.
- Click on Website Settings.
- Click on the Configure button.
- In the Server Aliases section, check the box next to the host name you wish to be an alias for this domain.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Update button.
One additional note: If you added a domain to HSPC you will need to make sure the name servers are set at the domain registrar for this site to dns1.speedingbits.com and dns2.speedingbits.com (unless the you are using an external DNS server). If you recently changed the name server for a domain it can take up to seven days for DNS to resolve, although for most locations DNS will resolve within a day or two.