To set up FrontPage extensions on a particular site you first will need to install the FrontPage Server Extensions application template in your HSPC control panel with the following steps:
- Go to System tab > Applications > Add Application.
- Check the box to the left of Secure FrontPage Apache Server Extensions.
- Click on the Next button and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
Next, you must create a FrontPage administrator user for the specific site for which you wish to enable FrontPage extensions. To create the FrontPage administration user follow these steps:
- Log into your HSPC control panel.
- Click on the Site tab.
- Click on Select Another Site.
- Click on the site for which you wish to install FrontPage extensions.
- Click on FrontPage Extensions.
- Type in the desired administrator login name.
- Type in the desired administrator password in both password fields.
- Click on the OK button.
When you try to access your site with FrontPage you need to have the name of the site match the name of the site in the control panel. For instance, for www.example.com you would need to access the site in FrontPage using the URL http://www.example.com. The URL http://example.com will not work as it does not match the site name exactly (it is missing the www prefix).