To add a new mailbox follow these steps:
- Go to your control panel at https://manage.speedingbits.com/cp and login.
- Click on the System tab.
- In the Mail Management section click on Mailboxes.
- Click on the Add Mailbox button.
- Enter the mail user name. Select the proper domain from the drop-down menu or choose "(multiple domains)".
- Type in the mailbox password in both password fields.
- Click on the Finish button to save your changes
When creating email there are two different types of mailboxes: Linux user mailboxes and Virtual User mailboxes. A Linux user mailbox is in the format username@(multiple domains). Email can be sent to this user using any domain on the system. The username in the mail client (Outlook, Outlook Express, Open WebMail, etc) will be 'username'.
A virtual user mailbox is in the format firstname.lastname@example.org. The username in the mail client program will be the full email address, email@example.com.