- Click on the Start menu.
- Click on Run.
- In the "Open" text box type
- Click on the OK button. This will bring up the Windows command prompt.
- In the command prompt, type:
(note: replace "domain.com" with the actual domain to which you wish to trace)
Once the traceroute is completed, you can copy text from the window with the following steps:
- Right-click your mouse on the command window to bring up a menu, and select "Mark" by clicking with your left mouse button.
- Using your arrow keys, move the cursor (the highlighted box) to the beginning of the text you wish to copy.
- Hold down your Shift key and move the right and down arrow keys until you have everything you wish to copy highlighted.
- Press the Enter key to copy the text.
- Select the mail message into which you wish to paste the traceroute text.
- Hold down your CTRL key and press V once to paste the text into the message.