To have www.domain.com resolve to the same web page as domain.com you need to set up the 'www' hostname as an alias for the domain.com website. To do this:
- Log into your HSPC control panel.
- Click on the site tab.
- Click on Select Another Site.
- Click on domain.com.
- Click on Website Settings.
- Click on the Configure button.
- In the Server Aliases section, check the box next to www.domain.com
- Click on the Update button.
If you have not created a "www" hostname for your domain yet, you can add it with the following steps:
- Click on the System tab.
- Click on Domains in the Domain Management area.
- Click on the domain for which you wish to add the "www" hostname.
- Click on the New Hostname button.
- Type 'www' in the Domain text box (without the quotes).
- If you have multiple IP addresses, select an IP address from the drop-down menu. This IP address should match the IP address assigned to domain.com.
- Click on the OK button to save your changes.
- Follow Steps 1-8 in the first set of instructions in this article.