These instructions apply to the following Plesk-based accounts: Universal Pipe (Upipe), MultiDomain Hosting (MDH), Open Hosting Platform (OHP) and WebPro.
Most applications that need to access a database will have instructions on the information that they need to access that database. The most common information that is needed is:
- Server: localhost
- Database name: <whatever you named the database>
- Database user name: <whatever you named the database user>
- Database user password: <whatever password you assigned to the database user>
If you wish to let a customer have access to just the information in a domain (but not your whole account) you can set them up as a domain user. A domain user can access the settings for their domain including databases and PHPMyAdmin. To set someone up as a domain user within your Plesk Administration Control Panel:
- Click on the domain name.
- Click on the Domain User button (Plesk 5) or Domain Administrator button (Plesk 7.x).
- Enter a password in both password fields for the domain user.
- Configure any additional settings as you wish.
- Click on the Update button (Plesk 5) or OK button (Plesk 7.5x).
The domain user now can log into the Plesk Administration control panel using the name of the domain as their user name, and the password you supplied.
If you wish to have a customer access just PHPMyAdmin and not any of the other domain settings you will want to install a copy of PHPMyAdmin yourself on that domain. More information on how to install and configure PHPMyAdmin can be found at: